and Technical Authoring
High quality e-learning involves more than just dumping a set of
lecture notes or Power Point slides into an off-the-shelf knowledge
management package. Information must be professionally tailored
to meet three critical criteria:
- Academic integrity
- Editorial clarity
- Usability - from the end-users' perspective
Since 1998, I have specialised in transforming academic, technical
and business information into e-learning content that is:
- Concise. Because the learners' time is valuable.
- User-friendly. Otherwise, what's the point?
- And effective. To meet the learners' requirements.
Go to: Method...
Engineering Development Centre - Liverpool John Moores University
is currently developing an e-learning programme of Internet course
work for the electronics and engineering sectors.
As Technical Author/Editor and
E-Learning Consultant, I am working
with senior academic and research staff to write and design online
content from Introductory to Advanced level in:
- Electrical Design
- Embedded Systems Technology and Design
- Mechanical Principles
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Programmable Logical Devices and Control
- Remote Operations Management Education
ROME is a unique Internet and CD-based distance learning programme
which I developed at the University of Huddersfield for the Institute
of Operations Management.
From 1998 to 2004, I led the project as Creative/Technical
Writer and Project Manager.
My key accomplishments:
- Conceived and developed the ROMEtex virtual factory, an e-learning
environment which delivers the IOM's Certificate in Operations
- Managed academic and editorial contributions of university staff,
PhD. and MSc. researchers, and commissioned industry consultants.
- Developed partnerships with business and learners to pilot,
validate, launch and disseminate ROME as a commercial e-learning
Go to: More
of Operations Management...